Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My very own Island


Today when I was watching Disney Channel, something was mentioned that had me thinking about private islands. I went straight to wikipedia to search for answers about my questions concerning private islands. Who do you buy them from? What about running water and electricity? How much do they cost? I actually learned a lot of information that I did not know about private islands. The main thing I learned is that I want one. 

I found a neat website privateislandsonline.com, and found myself the perfect little island. 

Here is Moss Cays, it is 3 acres in the Bahamas and includes a rustic home. Only 3 million dollars! Even though 3 million is a lot of money, it is substantially less than I thought my own private island would cost. 


Unfortunately the island is owned by the U.S. so I would be unable to form my own micronation, like some island owners do. I was also trying to figure out who people purchase an island from if it is not already owned by a nation. Do they purchase it from...planet Earth? Or is it up for grabs? So many questions that I cannot answer about private islands...All I know is I want one. It will be my motivation to do my homework (If I do my homework I'll be a success, successful people have money, money gets me my island). 

6 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I love your thinking Jen... That is most def something this family needs, an ISLAND. Make it happen.

Sirrine said...

I concur.

The VanderHoevens said...

Me three! Maybe more mariners games would help!

The VanderHoevens said...

Me three! Maybe more mariners games would help!

Linda A. said...

Totally! Our family can do anything....why not buy an island?!? If you buy the island I will purchase a private helicopter so we can reach the island....

jennifer said...

sweet...that's a deal linda...I was trying to still figure out the transportation issues