Monday, January 25, 2010

Super Saturday!


So when I woke up last saturday I had a strange urge to do...um...everything. And by everything I mean I had a strange urge to be super domestic...so I made a pie. homemade. pear with gruyere baked in the crust (ok..the truth is I actually used emmental..but still). On Pushing Daisies...one of my favorite shows of all time..then it's about a pie maker who can touch dead things and bring them back to life..so he solves murders...ANYWAY...in the show then Chuck (Ned's childhood sweetheart who he brings back to life) bakes pear pie with gruyere in the crust (and homeopathic mood enhancer) for her aunts. So...long story short..I wanted to try it...see if it tasted good. it did...it tasted quite good in fact. hooray!

So after spending all morning making a pie I was ready for a little craft party. Stephanie and I went down to ace hardware/ walmart...bought some wood, paint, and clothespins and made some super cute picture hangers (we got the idea from the link on Cat's blog post...thanks!). So we were able to spend the night watching pushing daisies, eating pie, and making picture hangers...I felt so martha stewart-esque...minus the whole prison thing. But still..lots of fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer can I marry you PLEASE?

Natalie said...

Jennie! you are so amazing! I <3 you endlessly.

Pam said...

Super cute Jennifer...and the pie looks delicious...although I am not so sure how pears and cheese would taste together? It looks lovely though.

Anonymous said...

such talent!

andreacarruth said...

this pie looks delicious! wow..yummy yummy.