Saturday, September 11, 2010

Barcelona Chair

So... tonight I asked Justin if someday I could have a Barcelona Chair. He said, "sure". Then I searched online to try and find one. After I showed him the price tag of just under $7,000 he seemed to think I was crazy.

The Barcelona chair was created by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the German pavilion in Barcelona, Spain. I think the German Pavilion is a beautiful piece of architecture and design. The pavilion, inside and out, really showcases the International Style, which I have learned to love and appreciate. Some people may look at Mies van der Rohe's work and just see square buildings or minimalist sky scrapers, but he was a pioneer of modern architecture. he's neat.

The point is...Chairs are cool.

I want them all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the chair?

Andrea of Project Simple Home said...

I want one also. They have fake ones you can find occasionally, but a real one would be ten times better :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding the chair.