Thursday, September 09, 2010

Go Huskies!

Apparently when I got married, not only did I marry Justin, but I also married his sports teams. This means that I am now a University of Washington Huskies fan. Last weekend we went down to Provo to go to the UW vs. BYU football game. We, along with a group of a few other friends, were repping the purple. It was interesting being the minority and being surrounded by thousands of BYU fans, but it was a lot of fun having our Washington pride. We were in the UW section at the game, which I was pretty excited about (I was a little worried about getting beat up...but all was well). Anyway, it turned out that BYU won, but it was still a ton of fun. It was my very first college football game, and honestly I had no idea what was going on, but I figured if I just clapped when the people around me did I'd be OK.

The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun hanging out with all our buddies from home, and getting to see Justin's family. We stayed at his aunts house, and his sister and her husband drove over from Duchesne so we could all go out to lunch. It was a great mini vacation for our last weekend before school started.

2 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

HUSKIES?!?!!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

BOOOO... GO WSU!!!!!