Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 12

A photo of the town I live in

Well...Rexburg is a pretty happenin' place. Or something along those lines. I am not big into the whole "cold" thing....and I'm not always so good with the small town thing either. But I have definitely enjoyed going to school here...even if I could pass on the negative degree weather. So here are a few pictures of the things that remind me of Rexburg (or the areas round about)

One thing that Rexburg does have is amazing sunsets. The sky is always so bright and vivid here... I think it's so beautiful.

Snow....and lots of it. Usually between the months of October to March you have snow to some degree. Right now we easily have several feet of snow on the ground.

Sometimes it's hard to find things to do in Rexburg, but you really just have to get a little more creative...like going to the ice caves for example. A little scary descending into the ground to crawl through pitch black caves filled with ice...but it's pretty fun.

Icicles are just cool. They get VERY large here in Rexburg...these are the icicles growing outside my window last winter....this is when they were just little baby icicles.

These are from the simpler times when it was warm outside...I might even say it was hot. I love walking around main street and seeing all the little shops... enjoying the sun.... eating snow cones... unfortunately I only get to experience this for a couple weeks a year before winter kicks in.

It is so neat to live just down the street for the temple. It is such a beautiful thing to be able to see everyday

This picture seems to explain Rexburg to me....it's a little rustic, just a small town, but it has some fun character to it.

This is fall in Rexburg...it's kind of fun. The leaves are actually crunchy here (in Washington they are usually just soggy). I feel like fall is the time of year when there is so much color around the whole town.

2 comments:

Linda A. said...

Rexburg is pretty dang awesome. Good point about the crunchy leaves. Fall in The Burg is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Rexburg is a pretty great place to visit. Great pictures.