Wednesday, March 13, 2013

let's try some DIY

A friend told me the other day that I should try and make my own Moby Wrap to carry Elizabeth around in. After a quick Pinterest search I found a ton of tutorials which were, luckily, all super easy (pretty much just cut a really long strip of jersey stretch fabric)! Sweet! After heading to Walmart and finding some fabric for $1 a yard I thought I might as well try it out. I needed 5 yards, but only 20 inches wide, so I had a TON of extra fabric. I figured might as well find a project to use up the rest of the fabric, so I decided to try a maxi dress. Now I have close to zero sewing skills, but I found this little tutorial that wasn't too difficult. I will admit, I didn't actually hem the bottom, sleeves, or neckline, but the jersey fabric doesn't fray so I should be good (hopefully... I might add hems if it bugs me, but frankly stretchy fabric isn't fun to sew). I just need to figure out how to accessorize it a bit to avoid it looking like a potato sack. 

So, for a total of $5 I now have a faux Moby wrap and a dress....sweet! The best part is I actually still have a ton of fabric left to use for something else...not that I have any other ideas of what I might do. 


Justin even got to try it out! (need to work on how tight or loose to tie it)


oh...and another picture of Elizabeth from today, because I like her.

No comments: