Sunday, June 22, 2008

Life at Alaska Airlines!

This summer, thanks to Terence's help, I was able to get a job at Alaska Airlines. I am working at the airport as a CSA (Customer Service Agent). I just finished my first week of on the job training at the airport and really like the job so far. One thing that my instructor told me is that once a passenger walks into the airport there is a weird phenomenon where they forget how to be rational, and everything is now your fault, whether it's the traffic or the weather or the fact that the person couldn't find their car keys, it's still your fault. I'm sure the job will be pretty stressful at times but I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. On my classes first day at the airport we took a tour of the airport and of course had to stop for our picture opportunities.

One thing that Alaska Airlines tries to do is make every department aware of what all the other departments do so we can better understand the company. It was neat to see all of the behind the scenes of the airport and see all the things that have to go together to make an airline run properly.

1 comment:

The Keenan Family said...

looks like fun! You look so nice in your uniform!