Sunday, November 09, 2008

just another weekend...

This weekend then Mary had her friend visit, so of course we had to find some ways to make a weekend in Rexburg memorable. Friday night a big group went over to the dollar theater and watched "Ghost Town". The movie was a lot of fun, it wasn't even scary (turns out it's a comedy, the name just scared me). After that the group headed over to our apartment were we spent the rest of the night lounging around and singing along to the guitar. Our FHE brother Tyler even made some delicious salsa that almost burnt my tongue off. 

On Saturday morning then we went to volunteer at the special olympics bowling event. A couple of my roommates are on the committee for special olympics, so this is actually the second event I
 was able to volunteer at. It really is a great experience and special olympics is such a great program. 

Saturday night was full of excitement! It was our fort party night! We had to make a fort in our living room that was big enough to fit lots of people, luckily Mary's friend Skyler is studying engineering, so we were able to make an amazing fort with such limited resources. I will admit that it was even better than our first fort. We watched Mulan, which I accidently fell asleep during, but when I woke up I was accidently spooning Mary despite our strict "No Spooning Allowed" policy. It was just dreadful. 

Today (aka Sunday) was different than most sundays. It was stake conference so rather than having our usual church at 1:30..we had church at 10am. It was so nice having the whole afternooon, I miss early church. All the roommates crammed into our fort and took a nap/ watched pride and prejudice (mormon version). I don't know what it is about forts that makes them so relaxing. For Dinner I made terriyaki and we sat around the coffee table and pillows to have an asian feast. It was quite delicious. 

The real fun happened tonight when we tried brining our FHE brothers some delicious treats. They weren't home...and there door was unlocked...and all the lights were on. So we couldn't pass up such an opportunity to reek havoc upon our FHE bros....so.....we stole all their spoons of course! No joke...they honestly have over 100 spoons..it is ridiculous....but now they have none....I hope they enjoy their cereal in the morning! With the spoons we made a really cool spoon wind chime and put several of them in a big bowl of jello...which we will be serving for refreshments for FHE tomorrow...after a rousing game of spoons.....

so....we will see where this little spoon fiasco takes us.....only time will tell. I will have to post some pictures once I actually get some....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good Jen you are quite creative. We once hung a cow tongue in our FHE brother's shower. Yeah, kind of gross.

jennifer said...

mom..you're gross...hahaha

Jessica Evans said...

I love it. My next door neighbors were in my ward (and eventually became Justin's roommates... well two of them) and they left me and my roommate and some other friends in their apartment one night so we stole all their furniture and put it in our apartment. It was awesome. I like to see that you didn't pass up a great opportunity!