Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Sun!

I know I still need to blog about my trip to Provo for  nationals and all sorts of fun adventures...but....I don't have any pictures...and I feel like it won't be complete without pictures...so I need to wait to steal some from my mom....anyways

It's time for another thankful list ( I know these aren't the most interesting blogs...but it helps me put life into perspective so deal with it..haha)

First of all...THE SUN!!!! it has actually been sunny here for several days...and not the kind of sunny where the sun reflects off all the ice crystals in the air, which IS still beautiful, but not the kind of sun we are referring to...I'm talking about the wear flip flops and a T-shirt and threaten to walk down to sonics for Happy Hour type of sunny...oh it is glorious! 

SATURDAYS...sometimes I feel super lazy...but today all my roommates are gone and I plan on getting the apartment all cleaned up...not the most exciting saturday...but I know that I'll feel accomplished when it's over..ALSO I will probably get some homework done...which will make me feel good.

FRISBEE... The summer after my senior year I'm pretty sure frisbee was one of those every day/ nothing else to do activities...but I love it! it means being outside usually in the places that I love most (beaches, parks, and the cul-de-sac). Justin got me one for my birthday before going to college...I've hardly used it since then, but with this weather it might be time to play with it again (Rexburg also is a bit windy for frisbee...but oh well)

MARIE....She's my roommate...she's funny and says things that make me laugh....also sometimes we do really fun things together on the weekends...one week it was watching extreme logging and bass fishing...on our saturday night...good times. Also she'll watch the stupid movies that everyone else finds unbearable with me...like Dumb and Dumber, and Billy Madison.

DRAFTING....sometimes it gives me a headache.....but I love knowing how things work and go together, and being able to create things that will actually work (or should work at least). I basically could build a house from the ground up....you  MIGHT want to be jealous. 

SOFAS...I just would not enjoy being from the old days when  there wasn't sofas ...it's just so comfortable to sit on...and I hardly choose the floor over the sofa...so I think it's just a good thing...yes...it is...a good thing.

MUSIC...I love music...I could listen to it all day every day. It has such control over how I feel sometimes... When I listen to a song I'll feel like I'm going to explode and just want to break out in dancing or skipping or something. Also I love song lyrics...I'm not the best writer in the world so listening to lyrics amazes me. The way the lyrics can be so deep and mean so much...makes me tear up a bit..haha. 

TREES....I love trees...I've grown up around trees my whole life, it's weird to me how few trees there are here. In Utah we saw a cell tower trying to be a tree, it was really ugly. I'm glad real trees aren't like that...they are so beautiful and cast such amazing shadows throughout the day....which I'm also thankful for...SHADOWS...They are just cool

PAINT...so I am definitely not a painter, but lately in my color theory class we have been using a lot of paint. I think painting is the most relaxing thing in the world. Right now we're doing an experimental color project....aka some abstract art. I suck at abstract art...but I think it is a whole lot of fun! I want to practice more so I might be able to create something that is actually acceptable. 

BROTHER PARSON...he is a pro artist and is teaching me how to be a pro artist...I never thought you could actually LEARN to draw and paing...but you can! Once you learn all the rules of perspective, shadow, reflections, etc. It just takes a lot of practice...But Brother Parson is hilarious and a ton of fun and a great teacher. Sometimes we'll listen to Abba, and yesterday he was talking about conspiracy theories (don't worry this is all while we're working at the same time) but I have a good time learning from Brother Parson!

That is my thankful list for the day! Now I need to enjoy some of this sun!!!

1 comment:

Jessica Evans said...

I love trees. I went home to Washington this weekend and loved my time in the trees. People in Utah say there are trees here - they also say there are mountains - but it's not my trees and my mountains. So I know what you mean about the trees. And the "wannabe" trees they construct... gross.