Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 30

 a photograph of myself today + three good things that have happened in the past

So I think this 30 day blog thing asks for way too many pictures of myself....and since I'm bored with taking plain old pictures on photobooth...I decided comic book style is way more fun. 




Now...for three good things in my past



#1
Andrea needing a carpool to get to Highline

Soo...This may sound like a strange thing. But I think it is a great thing. One of my best friends needed a ride to carpool with to Highline Community College winter quarter 2007. She ended up carpooling with Ian and Justin. That semester because of Andrea made a connection with the two boys, Her and I started hanging out with them and a few others everyday at school/ on the adventures after school. We called ourselves the "super six"...others called us the "hexagon of love". Well...that is when I started to get to know Justin super well. about six months later we started dating...and three years after that we got married! 
Thanks Andrea.

#2
I decided not to be lazy on a certain Saturday morning a couple months ago

Well... a couple months ago there was this competition called "GE Charette". We had to wake up early on a saturday morning, go to class, design and draft a kitchen, write a design statement, and draw a perspective of said kitchen in the space of three hours. I was tired...I almost didn't go....but then I figured I might as well. Well...because I wasn't lazy and decided to go, I ended up getting 5th place in the nation for the competition (out of about 500 submittals) and winning $2,000. 


(some of the interior design junior class in Sun Valley)

#3
I got accepted to go to BYU-Idaho

Honestly I have had SUCH a wonderful experience going to school here. The winters are frigid and I want to die..but honestly it's great. I have had SO many awesome roommates and gained some great friendships that I hope will last for a long time. I got lucky and happened to stumble upon one of the top interior design programs in the nation and I LOVE it. It is SO much work, and sometimes I go without much sleep. But I am gaining a wonderful education and having a great time doing it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those were all great things. Here's to many more great things happening to you.

andreacarruth said...

You know the day I called Justin and Ian for a ride to school was because it was really snowy or icy and I couldn't get out of my drive way..these two boys came to my rescue! Yay for snow and ice! haha