Thursday, November 20, 2008

EXCITED!!!

Tomorrow I am going to class, packing, and then heading home to Washington for Thanksgiving break!!!! I can't wait!!!! Even though I am only going to be home for a week I have so many things that I want to do. Since I have lived in Washington my whole life then I really miss it when I am here in Rexburg. I can't wait to see the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier! Other than people of course, they are my favorite things about Washington. Here in Rexburg there is no water....not even the possibility of spending the afternoon at the beach, how dreadful is that? So even though the forecast calls for rain all week....that will be one of my main orders of business! Dash Point and Redondo....two of my favorite places of all time! And can't wait to see Mount Rainier...because as much as people rant and rave about the Tetons here....they just can't compare to the beauty and all around ultra-amazing-ness of Mount Rainier!

Also since I've been in the interior design program I have learned so much about what makes up "good design". There are so many amazing places so close to my house that I haven't taken advantage of. I just feel like being all artsy and going to museums and admiring architecture....I might not be able to get all the way up to Seattle, but there are several museums in Tacoma like 10 minutes from home. 

Even though I am excited to visit all the things in Washington...I mostly can't wait to see all the people! This is my first semester not living with someone from the FW (one of my roommates is from Puyallup...but that doesn't count), so I don't have that everyday connection back to home. (don't worry though...my roommates are still AMAZING!). So I can't wait to see my family and my friends....cause they all pretty much rock! Plus a VanderHoeven Machine Thanksgiving is something to wait all year for! I guess I'm just lucky that I was already born into the machine....it really ups my cool status by about 5 points. Anyway...I just wanted to share in my excitement since I should be home in approximately 30 or so hours! 



2 comments:

Bob and Karen Lutz said...

Jennienifer, please come help your favorite aunt (me) figure out what to do with the curtains in my living and dining room before I can't afford your services!!

Love you girl!!

Jessica Evans said...

Even being at school up in Bellingham it was so refreshing to see Mt. Rainier, no matter what people say about Baker, Rainier is my mountain! And I love the picture of my brother showing off the art. That is such a Justin pose, haha.