Tuesday, February 24, 2009

let's try this again

So....I was pretty negative in my last post....so I decided to try again and be more positive. Right now I'm taking a world religions class and I'm learning a lot about the eastern religions. One of the main things my professor wants us to focus on is meditation. To take some time out and just be still. So I decided to do that, and I realized there is so much in life to be thankful for. In Buddhism there is the term dukkha which basically means suffering (sorry Jamie...don't worry it's spelled different), and the main thing with dukkha is that life is full of suffering, but if you step back and separate yourself from suffering then you will be able to overcome it. I know that all I did was hurt my toe and got a little dizzy, but I think it's important to not let those little things in life get you down. So I'm trying to focus more on all the things that I'm thankful for...so yes..here it is...another thankful list!

The 9 toenails that don't even hurt, and my one screwed up toenail...because suffering makes you stronger
The fact that the high for today was 42 degrees...yes...that is quite warm for these here parts
rain....it practically rained yesterday...it rocked!
meditation/zenifying.... it's good to not overanalyze life
lotion....sounds silly...but I'm fond of the stuff
flowers...there's not many outside...but our apartment was full of them last week...I miss the flowers...I like them. 
The Gospel...kind of obvious...it rocks!
speaking of rocks....geology....it makes me and kinsey feel really cool to talk about rocks
Frederick McDoogle the Third...aka the sweet Beta we bought yesterday
rebellion...I know...it's a bad one...but we technically aren't supposed to have fish...we saw the manager at walmart when we were fish shopping..it was an adventure

BYU-Idaho..it's cold and in the middle of Idaho...but I'm pretty fond of it
etc. etc. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you!

The VanderHoevens said...

Oh - I am a big big fan of lotion too.