Thursday, February 05, 2009

Provo!

This past weekend Daniel was planning on going down to provo to visit some of his old roommates and go to a concert, so I decided to go along with him on the journey. There are all sorts of people in Provo....and I am a big fan on some of those people...so I decided to go visit. Plus Rexburg gets a little chilly in January and Provo is slightly less chilly. 

On the way there we took the scenic route through Logan and on the way there we even got to see the great city of Preston, Idaho, aka home of Napoleon Dynamite. It's a pretty hopping place, we were so excited to see the "cuttin curral" and the DI where napoleon buys a sweet tux. The city is exactly as old fashioned as it looks in the movies. All the store fronts were displaying an array of polyester dresses with very large should pads. Good times. Eventually we got to Logan which was pretty exciting. I had never been there before and the temple was gorgeous. But after our stop in Logan we finally drove all the way to Provo. 

I pretty much spent the weekend partying it up with Andrea, who I was staying with. During this last winter break I was barely able to see her, so it was nice to catch up and party. Saturday I hung out with Heather, Brooks, Jason, and his friend Brianna. I went out to lunch with Brooks and Heather and then went to the Creamery and mini-golf/ deal or no deal with the rest. It was a ton of fun, I hadn't seen Heather and Jason in over a year, and due to the fact that I practically lived with them every summer when I was younger, it was exciting to see them. I'm really hoping Heather's baby will come before I come back to provo for ballroom nationals in March. That would be so much fun. Later on on Saturday Andrea and a few friends went bowling on campus where I remembered how crappy I was at bowling! 

Sunday I went to Andrea's ward then went to visit my old roommate Mary. She made me some awesome scones! I think she should come back to Rexburg and be my roommate again, but apparently she has other plans in life. So it was pretty much an adventurous weekend. I of course forgot my camera so I have like no pictures. But I do have one picture of me at the cuttin curral...so I guess I'll just say this picture sums up my mini vacation. 

No comments: